Nanaimo Affordable Housing Society (NAHS) is pleased to announce that it has acquired the housing complexes previously operated by the Nanaimo Lions Housing Society and Mt. Benson Senior Citizens’ Housing Society (MBSCHS).
The properties involved are:
Family Housing, from Nanaimo Lions Housing Society:
- 1612 Bowen Road – 25 units
Seniors’ Housing from Mt. Benson Senior Citizen’s Housing Society
- Corlett Place, 73 units– 619 Comox Rd.
- Selby Place, 71 units – 451 Selby St.
- Windsor Arms, 18 units – 55 Prideaux St.
- Karlin Arms, 10 units – 65 Prideaux St.
- Goodlands Villa, 8 units – 69 Prideaux
- Beevor Potts, 14 units – 73 Prideaux
- Greer House, 12 units – 66 Prideaux
- New Complex in development, 57 units – 20 Prideaux St.
These acquisitions will bring all of these projects under management of NAHS along with the existing 7 complexes currently operated by the Society. NAHS also has a new Seniors’ project under development at its Buttertubs property which will create 159 new affordable units for seniors to the community.
It was felt by all of the Societies involved that that there would be a long-term benefit to Nanaimo to have a stronger affordable housing advocate going forward and that the possibilities for future developments would be enhanced by bringing the Societies together. Both the Lions and Mt. Benson organizations will be officially dissolved.
NAHS is excited about the future development possibilities providing safe, affordable housing for all of the new tenants.